Click on A or B to access the key facts and figures for each section.
This site also covers key controversial issues in the referendum debate. For example, it explains that EU membership does not take away our sovereignty and why our future prosperity would be greatly damaged under any of the alternatives to EU membership.
Former prime minister Sir John Major has accused eurosceptics of using bogus arguments and has called their claim that the UK could somehow be better off outside the EU a fantasy. Click here to see a list of the most common euromyths used by eurosceptics, and an explanation of the truth in each case.
- Benefits of UK membership of EU
- Suppose we leave?
- Our sovereignty is intact
- Freedom of movement
- Internal market
- The European Institutions
- The UK contribution to the EU budget
- Fraud and accounting in the EU
- Foreign investment
- UK farmers would be worse off outside EU
- Financial services
- Rules of origin and other customs requirements
- Views of British industry
- Views of Foreign Governments